ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF FRANCHISING
Successful franchises have a much lower failure rate than completely new businesses. But it isn’t all plain sailing. Buying a franchise can be a quick way to set up your own business without starting from scratch. But there are also some drawbacks.
- Your business is based on a proven business model that reduces risk. You can check how successful other franchises are before committing yourself.
- You can use a recognized brand name and trademarks. You benefit from any turnkey advertising or promotion by the franchisor.
- The franchisor provides support — usually including training, help setting up the business, a manual telling you how to run the business and ongoing advice.
- You usually have an exclusive, protected territory. The franchisor won’t sell any other franchises in the same region, though there will be competition from other businesses.
- Financing the business may be easier. Banks are usually more likely to lend money to a franchise with a good reputation.
- As well as the initial costs of buying atlanta seo the franchise, you pay continuing royalties and you may have to agree to buy products from the franchisor.
- The franchise agreement usually includes restrictions on how you run the business.